not when you’re trying to be,
when you’re angry or tired,
concentrated or contemplating
on something unimportant,
not focusing on you, or me,
laughing yourself stupid,
loosing yourself to dance,
getting dressed in the morning,
when you close your eyes,
when you’re yourself
it will come,
not when you’re ready, though.
just as everything seems to be in order, the plan and the clock are ticking, at that exact moment that you think you got it all figured out,
that’s when it will come.
and it’s gonna hurt.
the universe doesn’t want you to understand it, what would be the point if so?
you’re nothing but a ripple effect,
effected by another ripple effect,
and there’s nothing you can do,
not with all your strength and profound knowledge of life that can change it.
when you think you’re better, you’re not. because you think.
when you think – you’re not,
when you don’t think – you are.
and so the merrie-go-round goes,
round and round steady as she goes,
not giving any clarity except for its own continuous motion,
and that’s just the way it’s gotta be.
shape it up,
get up off your lazy ass,
go out and remember life,
meet someone and have a talk,
do something unexpected or uncommon,
make a mistake and learn from it or not,
fall down on your butt and laugh yourself silly,
switch your phone to flight mode and pretend you’re on vacation,
have a beer in midday and smoke some smokes,
play a really stupid game just because its fun,
sing and shout in the shower or play with a rubber duck in the tub,
shake your booty in front of the mirror,
sit and listen to music and nothing more,
pet your pet until you’re bored,
smile and joke around with the sales person,
annoy someone with no intention to hurt,
but something really expensive because you want to,
talk gibberish with someone and make no sense,
be late and apologize for being late,
make fun of politicians on tv for being so serious,
buy a ticket and just leave
- I am sorry
- I heard you
- I was wrong
- you are beautiful
- you complete me
- you are right
- you, me, bath
- let’s do it
- this is bullshit
- this is awesome
- dinner was great
- dinner was crap
- let’s make dinner
- are you free?
- do you dance?
- am I annoying?
- well, that’s great!
- well, that sucks
- well, never mind
- I think so
- I think that
- I don’t think.
a recent survey conducted by prabodh’s perspective regarding the picture per like ratio reveals the following findings:
• picture of cute cat – 100 likes
• picture of cat doing something funny – 250 likes
• picture of cat (or dog) in superman costume – 734 likes
• picture of tree with smart sentence – 126 likes
• picture of sunrise with smart sentence – 301 likes
• picture of dolphin with smart inspirational quote – 567 likes
• average selfie – 34 likes
• good selfie – 67 likes
• great selfie – 156 to 259 likes
• picture of homeless child – 2 to 9 likes
• beautiful picture of homeless child – 48 likes
• beautiful picture of homeless child with text about human bravery and/or compassion – 468 likes
• picture of pizza – 23 likes
• picture of tuna steak sandwich – 30 likes
• picture of well made chef dish – 78 likes
• picture of self at the pool (having/not having fun) – 19 likes
• picture of self with friends at bar – 45 likes (93 with tags)
• picture of self doing something dangerous or uncommon – 157 likes + supportive comments
• picture at airport or on plane – 65 likes
• picture of anonymous in metro – 31 likes
• picture of funny sign at restaurant or cafe – 36 likes
• picture from wedding – 70 likes
• picture of view from stage – 112 likes
• picture of famous location – 23 likes
• picture of real demonstration or victims of corruption – 3 likes with occasional sympathetic comment (at best)
I will go out, guns blazing,
I will encounter all my fears,
I will repair society’s illness
and bring forward world peace
today’s the day
when nothing is impossible,
when dreams become real,
when oversized threatening obstacles
become well behaved cute little ponies
today’s the day
in which empires rise to extreme,
in which love conquers all,
in which villains fall.
but before all that,
maybe I’ll just log on to fb
and see what’s up.